The Car Care Experts Fresno Drivers Depend On For Best-In-Class Auto Service
At Goodguys, we earned our name doing what’s right by our customers with every single vehicle service we perform. From brake repairs and AC service, to spark plugs and new tires, no matter what type of car repair is required, the ASE-certified pros at Goodguys can get you in and out and back on the road in no time.
Professional Auto Services in Fresno & Surrounding Counties
At Goodguys auto repair we have many decades of collective experience servicing all kinds of vehicles to the highest standards specified by their manufacturers.
We provide fast and efficient auto services including the following and more:
- Brake service: Expert brake service including brake pad repair, caliper repair, brake rotor repair, checking brake hoses and the hydraulic system and more.
- Tire service: As Fresno’s premier tire shop, we have an incredible selection of new tires in our tire shop. When you’re ready to purchase a new set of tires, we’ll remove and dispose of the old tires, install the new tires, and make sure each is balanced correctly.
- Battery repair: Everything you need to get your car’s battery serviced, including car battery testing services, battery terminals replacement, and new car battery installation.
- Car AC repair: Whether there’s an odd odor, your floorboards are wet, or your car simply won’t get down to temp, our vehicle AC pros can diagnose and correct complex car AC issues. From car AC refrigerant recharges to vehicle AC compressor replacements, our certified techs can get you cool again in no time.
- Oil changes: We’ll drain old, used oil and refill your vehicle with high-quality Quaker State premium motor oil. We’ll also remove the old filter and replace it with an OEM or equivalent part.
- Preventative maintenance: Vehicle tune-ups, filter replacement, check belts and hoses, battery checks, tire inflation checks, oil changes and other tasks as set by the vehicles manufacturer.
- Wheel alignments: Highly computerized adjustments to ensure absolutely perfect toe, camber, and caster angles, crucial to wheel alignment.
- And so much more!
At Goodguys, we pride ourselves on providing the very best service performed by highly skilled professionals using nothing but the best parts and products available.
What to Look For In a Professional Mechanic
The very first thing a professional mechanic should be able to provide is their certification in Automotive Service Excellence or ASE. Passing the exam takes years of experience and knowledge of a wide array of vehicle repairs. When a technician obtains ASE certification, you can trust that they have the skills and experience to do the job correctly.
Pair ASE-certified mechanics with the best tools and state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment available, and you have an auto shop that can meet all of your repair and service needs.
Signs You May Need to Search for “Auto Repair Near Me”
Cars are complicated pieces of machinery, of course, that require thousands of different moving parts in order to work correctly. With time, plus all of the external forces bombarding your vehicle everyday, parts do begin to wear out. When components aren’t able to do their jobs, it puts stress on the system as a whole. Some issues with your car or truck have very obvious, easy-to-diagnose symptoms, while others may not be so readily apparent.
A few signs to look for with some of the more common auto repairs drivers can experience include:
- Check Engine Light. This is by far one of the most common reasons that drivers seek out auto repair. Because there can be so many different issues, a check engine light on your dash should never be ignored. Our certified techs can run a thorough diagnostic that will tell us exactly why the system is showing that error.
- The engine is having trouble turning over. Hearing that “click, click” noise when you try to start your car can be a sign that your alternator or battery needs repair. Our expert technicians use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to pinpoint electrical issues and chart the best path forward.
- Hearing a grinding metal-on-metal noise. This is usually a telltale sign that you need to replace your brake pads. As these parts wear down, the metal within the brake pad rubs against your brake rotors which causes that squealing sound.
- Your car AC is blowing hot air. Car AC woes can be caused by a lot of different issues, including refrigerant leaks or compressors that are failing and need replacement. Using computerized testing equipment, we’re able to find the exact problem and recommend the most efficient solution.
- You’re feeling excessive vibrations when you drive. This is usually trouble with your tires, but it can also be a sign of problems with other components such as shocks and struts. We’ll check over your wheels and tires for issues like flat tires, improper inflation, misalignment, and tires that need to be rebalanced, each of which are some of the most common causes of tire related issues we encounter.
The best prevention for costly repairs is a good preventative maintenance plan. There are different services involved with this, but the most important one is an oil change. Even if you don’t need a complete preventative maintenance service right now, an oil change shouldn’t be put off. Stop into Goodguys when it’s convenient for you, and we’ll get you in and out quickly, without an appointment.
Shop Online for New Tires
Shopping for new tires can be daunting, but the pros at Goodguys make it easy to find the perfect set of tires for your car or truck. With top names like Bridgestone, Firestone, Cooper, Hankook, and Yokohama, you’ll always be able to get a great tire at the right price.
Ready for new tires or just need an estimate? We’re ready to help! Here’s what you need to know about shopping for tires:
Gather the Necessary Info
To pull up a full selection of thousands of high-quality tires, you’re going to need three quick measurements: tire width, tire profile, and wheel size. You can usually find this information affixed to a placard on your driver’s side door jamb or inside of your owner’s manual.
Think About How You Drive
Once you have these three measurements, you can plug in your desired season type. Tire seasons come in several different seasons including summer, winter, and all season. Now you’re ready to plug it into our new tire search bar and click find tires. You’re going to be presented with a lot of different options that are perfectly suited to fit your vehicle.
The only thing you’ll need to decide is what kind of driving habits speak to you the most with these new tires. Do you need a sportier ride into work each morning? Maybe a summer tire is for you. If you see snow flurries in your near future, you know that winter is going to be your best bet.
Request an Appointment
When you finally find the best set of tires you’ve ever laid your eyes on, all you have to do is save your quote and request an appointment. What you see is the out-the-door price, covering the new tires and installation services. Our helpful tire sales team can cover all your different options and even see if there’s any manufacturer rebates available for your new tire purchase.
Find a Goodguys Near You
With locations throughout Fresno and surrounding counties, there’s a Goodguys Tires & Auto near you. No matter which Goodguys location you choose, you’ll get the same high level of professional auto care that Fresno drivers have come to depend on from our team.
Where can I get reliable auto repair in Fresno?
Do I need an appointment?
Are there professional car mechanics at Goodguys Tire & Auto Repair?
How often should I have car maintenance services done?
What is considered regular car maintenance?
Does Goodguys Tire & Auto Repair offer oil change services?
How often should I get my oil changed?
Is Goodguys Tire & Auto repair a brake shop?
What do squealing brakes mean?
How often should I get my brakes replaced?
Can I get my tires replaced at Goodguys?
Are tire repairs offered at Goodguys?
How often should I get my tires replaced?
When should I have my tires rotated?
Can I get my auto AC repair work done at Goodguys?
Limited Time Offers
Professionals You Trust. Service Beyond Expectations.
At Goodguys Tires & Auto Repair, our highest priority is serving our customers. We are 100% committed to you, our valued customer. We strive to make every part of your experience with us hassle-free and pleasant. That’s why we’ve created our Customer Bill of Rights. These Rights are our pledge that your business with us is subject to the highest level of service from everyone in our company.Request A Quote